308 Clinchfield St., Kingsport, TN 37660
The Kingsport Farmers Market Pavilion was first opened on August 3, 2012. In addition to the weekly Kingsport Farmers Market, it is a “mixed use” space used for all sorts of events by the city and the general public.
It is rented out to the public on an “AS IS” basis only. A limited number of chairs and tables are available for use. Set up and break down of chairs, tables, or other items is the responsibility of the party renting the space. We cannot guarantee the number of tables/chairs that are available. If you need more, it is recommended that you rent them. Restrooms are available. Access to the back hallway, party room, and upstairs is prohibited. Trash cans and trash bags will be provided but it is the responsibility of the renter to move trash from the facility to property dumpsters at the end of the event as well as the cleaning of the facility and parking lot. Larger items, such as pallets, are to be neatly stacked to the right of the dumpster, outside of the black enclosure. As per the Fire Marshal, hay, propane, and other combustible materials are NOT ALLOWED in the building.
Renter will be responsible for checking out the key to the facility from the Office of Cultural Arts prior to their reservation and return the key after the event. A copy of your driver’s license will be made and kept on file.
The Kingsport Office of Cultural Arts is located on the second floor of the Renaissance Center, 1200 E. Center St., Room 224. They can be reached at (423) 392-8414.
$400 for ½ day (Up to 8 hours)
$500 for full day (Greater than 8 hours)
Prep days/Take down days $100 a day in combination with a full day rental
APPLICATION for Rental of Farmers Market Pavilion
Renter must sign and submit the following document: APPLICATION for Rental of Farmers Market Pavilion_2023 *(updated July ’23).
For information on becoming a vendor, visit the Kingsport Farmers Market website.
KINGSPORT FARMERS MARKET PAVILION RENTAL INFORMATION:
- Rentals require a half day minimum. Set-up and break-down times are part of the total rental time.
- Facility is rented “AS IS.” Restrooms are available. Water hose not furnished. No party room, back hallway, or upstairs access.
- ALL GARBAGE MUST BE PUT IN ONE OF THE LARGE GREEN DUMPSTERS IN THE PARKING LOT AT THE END OF YOUR EVENT. Trash cans and trash bags will be provided but client must move trash from facility to property dumpsters in the parking lot at the end of the event. Larger items, such as pallets, are to be neatly stacked to the right of the dumpster, outside of black enclosure.
- All tables and chairs belonging to the Farmers Market must be put back on their racks at the end of your event. Additional tables, chairs, and other items may be rented from a local rental company.
- Prior to your event, please check out a key from the Office of Cultural Arts, 1200 E. Center St., Room 224, Kingsport, TN 37660. Keys must be checked out prior to 5 PM on Friday, as the office is not open on the weekends. Keys may be returned on the following Monday.
- Full amount of payment is due at the time the reservation is confirmed. Any reservation cancelled less than 2 weeks prior to the event will not be refundable.
- Do not attach anything to the walls by using tape, tacks, staples, or nails.
- NO SMOKING allowed in the Farmers Market Pavilion. It is a smoke-free facility. Candles may be used, but the flame must be contained. No open flame.
- The renter will pay for costs incurred as a result of any damages to the facility, furnishings, equipment, or grounds arising out of the use of the Farmers Market Pavilion.
- Please encourage your guests to park on the Clinchfield side of the Farmers Market Pavilion. Additional parking on the weekends is available across the street at the Chamber of Commerce.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES must be kept within the building and approved areas, and must be purchased in Tennessee. Other restrictions may apply. If yes, additional permit may be necessary from the Tennessee Alcohol Beverage Commission. Guidelines can be found here.
Bounce houses are not allowed.
- Any cooking with grease must have Class K Fire Extinguisher. All others must be a 5lb ABC or larger. Setup diagram must be provided. All compressed gas cylinders must be secured. Use of PROPANE is prohibited inside of the Farmers Market Pavilion.
- Fire watch may be required for any event at the discretion of the Fire Marshal. If setup is on the weekend, it may require a weekend inspection by the Kingsport Fire Marshal’s office at a rate of $25 per hour with a 3-hour minimum.
- Events that include deep-frying cooking oil operations are required to have a grease pit on-site and contract with a grease waste hauler to handle the grease waste and removal of the grease pit. The primary event sponsor is required to remove all cooking grease from the site immediately after the event. Illegal dumping of cooking grease, or its’ introduction into the sanitary or storm sewer systems is prohibited and will be prosecuted.
- Insurance: Proof of $700,000 minimum insurance coverage for a one-time special event must be submitted with the rental payment, naming the City of Kingsport as an “additional insured.” Depending of the type of event you are hosting, your event may require additional insurance. You will be notified if this requirement applies to your event. For additional information on insurance visit GatherGuard. Specific Codes for Facilities are located here.
- The renter will hold harmless the City of Kingsport, TN, its officials, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, sureties, and assigns or anyone acting on its behalf, from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, or causes of action of any kind, nature, and description, whether at law or in equity, now accrued or which hereafter may arise, whether known or unknown, arising out of any matter, cause, or event, arising in any way from the use of the premises under the terms of this contract.
Depending of the type of event you are hosting, your event may require additional insurance. You will be notified if this requirement applies to your event. For additional information on insurance click here.